Monday, February 15, 2010

Not My Queen

by Scott





"In Alexander's Valley" by Danielle

I.

There will never be anyone more lovely
and despairing
than my child queen.

She. Alchemy
of green and sea and light.

Bathing me
in heavy desert night.


II.

Concentric circles,
In love with rolling and full with longing.
And acting laughing.

Making pictures and making loving.


III.

My axis borrowed through sweat and skin.
Mannequins.


III.

I took the queen, my plaything,
and made a mess of hair
a robot and a friend.
A smaller pigeon, unwed.

And sorry I
prepared to hide
and swept my shadow
and gave my crown.

She walked
and paced and wore me down.
She never turned her head around.

IV.

My girl, a tyrant and a bore,
a rustling famished whore.


IV.

With silver clip she wanders
and smiling, falls.

And meets me in concrete.
And is young. And is old.

Sometimes center still.
But not my queen.



by Anal


by Roksana

I am pale
My wrists are weak
And my heart is full of water

Chambers full of stalactites
Yellow pools of sulfur
In half light
In no light

An exhibition of
underwater nudes
and snow women
is packing up.


"Porcelain Projection" by Steven


"Snow Mammals" by Matt


"Peddling the Coast" by Leaf





by Fox

Recently machined pulley and sheave for a kinetic sculpture.



"Envalpo" by Biz



by Jeff

I took the bridge there, but there is where I really didn't want to go.



by Rose

Time realized,
collapsing and vibrating
absent the presence
of authenticity.

Damp folds hold words,
wetness gently reserved
for approaching moments of
anguish and joy.

Sensation of skin
softly moves into
familiar space, soul
unavailable to fear.


MAGNEWLIA (old places new faces... but rather hazy)" by David